Civil War Map of part of Campbell County
This map was prepared in 1864 by the CSA. The map shows where Confederate Calvary can ford streams and feed their horses. And this part shows the area where the Bailey homes were located on Bear Creek. Morris Bailey gave me a copy of the map.
Author, from Morris Bailey
1. Campbell CH, now Rustburg.
2. Lawyers Road from Campbell CH to the little community of Rowdy.
3. Rowdy, now Mt Zion, still with its church, Mt Zion Methodist Ch.
4. Bear Creek.
5. Bailey home site.
6. Bailey home site, believed to be that of Allen German Bailey.
7. Mt Lebanon Church, now New Free Spring Ch.
8. New Chapel Baptist Church.